CHAPELLE SAINT JOSEPH
Tourist site around the theme of Sacred art in ORMERSVILLER, classified in the list of historic monuments, free entrance
Dominating the small village of Ormersviller, St Joseph's Chapel is in the hamlet of "Auf der Burg" meaning "to the castle". A picnic area and car park have been created for those that would like to visit this sanctuary. The chapel was built between 1893 and 1895 on the site of a disused quarry. It has become a site for pilgrimage for the surrounding villagers that pray, plead and thank the success of pregancy and childbirth. The history of this chapel is closely related to the statue on the column of St Joseph, patron saint and protector of families.