OSSUAIRE DE SCHORBACH
Tourist site around the theme of Sacred art in SCHORBACH, classified in the list of historic monuments, free entrance
In the church cemetery, Schorbach ossuary has one of the most interesting medieval architecture in the area. Being the old mother parish of Bitche, the ossuary was built around about 1125. The archtecture dates back to the 15th century. The beautiful Roman columns (each in different style) show the importance given to ossuaries in that time. The ossuary is filled with more than 100m3 of bones and skulls. In 1889, it was the first building in Pays de Bitche to be classified as an historical monument.