THE REFORM TEMPLE FROM THE XIXTH CENTURY
Tourist site around the theme of Sacred art in LAFRIMBOLLE, classified in the list of historic monuments
Historical: Daniel Lagrand is an industrialist of the valley de le Bruche and Oberlin’s disciple. He created a school in 1846 in Lafrimbolle in order to teach protestant families’ children living around Lafrimbolle-some of them came from the valley de la Bruche about 15 years before. This school was fitted out to serve as a chapel 3 years after in 1849. There was also an adjoining apartment for the teacher. The school was removed in 1885. The Chapel called oratory was afterwards extended. Since 1927 it has looked the same. The Lafrimbolle Temple has conserved a particularly original character. You can visit the Temple every first and third Sunday of the month (except in August). A church service takes palce at 10:15 AM by the minister of the reformed parish of Abreschviller-Lafrimbolle. After the church service (at around 11 AM) it is possible to visit the inside of the Temple.