Tourist site around the theme of Military interest in SARREBOURG, classified in the list of historic monuments, free entrance
In the Middle Ages, the city was entirely surrounded by ramparts. They were erected by Jean d'Apremont, Bishop of Metz, around 1256. The rampart, with a perimeter of 1670m, was flanked by twenty-eight towers. Today, elements of the ramparts remain at the top of the Parc de la Liberté, as well as towers and ditches filled in, on the Poincaré and Clémenceau avenues.