THE CHAPEL OF MARIENFLOSS
Tourist site around the theme of Sacred art in SIERCK LES BAINS, classified in the list of historic monuments, free entrance
The Chapel of Marienfloss is a relic of a convent which stood for several centuries. It successively housed the Cistercians (1238-1414), the Carthusian monks who from Trier (1415-1431), and the Prebendary canons (1436-1639). It was the Duke of Lorraine, Charles II, and especially kis wife Margaret of Bavaria, a very pious woman, who brought in the Carthusian Monks. In 1415, the Rosary (for prayers to Mary) was created thanks to Adolph of Essen, confessor of Margaret of Bavaria. Nowadays this chapel is still a place of pilgrimage and medtationwhere the cult of Mary is practised.