EGLISE SAINT SIMON SAINT JUDE
Tourist site around the theme of Sacred art in METZ, classified in the list of historic monuments, free entrance
This parish church was completed in 1740 and has simple architecture that blends in with the military barracks that surround it. The Marshal de Belle-Isle, the military governor of Metz and a fervent supporter of the architectural development of the city, decided to build a new church in the new town. Inside, the chancel is decorated with frescoes by Auguste Hussenot, a painter of the School of Metz.