ST ANNE'S CHAPEL
Tourist site around the theme of Sacred art in FAMECK, free entrance
There are no records documenting the history of this gothic chapel. A legend is attached to the place, involving a wandering statue of St Anne. What we do know is that the current chapel was consecrated in 1707 by the Bishop of Metz, Monsignor Ducambout de Coislin. The date of 1838 engraved on the frontage corresponds to a restoration of the structural work. In 1849 Monsignor Dupont des Loges, Bishop of Metz, ordered that it serve its current purpose, namely hosting a mass on St Anne’s Day and a mass for the deceased during the village festival.